Advanced Placement Options
Due to changes in AP Exam Registration from College Board, we have changed our AP exam registration procedures. PLEASE CLICK HERE to read more about these changes and begin registering for exams.
Registration for 2019 AP Exams. Students will register and pay for all
exams through a web-based platform called Total Registration. This site is located HERE. Create an account and then the website will walk you through registration. Payments are made directly through the website via credit/debit card or may be mailed in to Total Registration (no money will be accepted at MCHS for test registration). The Base Cost of an AP exam for MCHS students is $80/exam. The state of Georgia is providing some financial assistance-students taking a STEM
AP Exam (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) receive one STEM Exam at no cost,
regardless of income/lunch status (students taking multiple exams must pay the fee of
$80/exam). For students who qualify for free or reduced lunch, the state pays for one exam,
regardless of type, and all additional exams are $53 (you can only receive one free exam, either
STEM or non-STEM via lunch status).
When registering on the website, you’ll be prompted
regarding your lunch status and STEM exam status; if you answer yes to either, Mr. Bennett or
Mrs. Allen will approve through Total Registration before you have to pay.
MCHS Data: 2018 5 Year Score Summary
Please visit the College Board's Advanced Placement website for more information about the program. Students and parents may search AP credit policies at colleges and universities by visiting the College Board's AP Credit Policy page. Students are encouraged to visit each postsecondary institution's official website for their most recent credit policy.
MCHS currently offers the following Advanced Placement courses:
- AP Biology--Teacher: Brooke Cooper
- AP Computer Science Principles--Teacher: Sonia Coile
- AP Environmental Science--Teacher: Andrew Taylor
- AP United States Government & Politics--Teacher: Jenna Berryman
- AP English Language & Composition--Teachers: Dallas Cowne & Trent Wilkes
- AP English Literature & Composition--Teacher: Susanna Arnold
- AP Macroeconomics--Teachers: Matt Boggs & Michael Perdue
- AP Microeconomics--Teachers: Matt Boggs & Michael Perdue
- AP Physics I--Teacher: Bradley Shadrix
- AP Psychology--Teacher: Jonie Axon
- AP Calculus-Teacher: LeeAnn Johnson
- AP Art History-Teacher: Abby Newland
- AP Studio Art--Teacher: Jacob Cawthon
- AP United States History--Teacher: Matt Boggs
- AP World History--Teacher: Kimberly Myers
- AP Music Theory-Carson Lee
To explore more about each of these courses, please visit the College Board's AP Course page .
In addition to courses taught by Madison County High School teachers, students also have the opportunity to enroll in additional online AP courses through the GA Virtual School .