Guidance Counselor and Parents & Teachers
How Does The Guidance Counselor Work With Parents and Teachers?
- The counselor talks and works with parents concerning their child’s school progress, social and emotional concerns and school behavior.
- Counselors often share materials and information with parents and teachers that may be helpful to them as they work with their teachers.
How Does A Student Get To Talk To The Counselor?
- Parents may ask the counselor to talk with a student
- The teacher or principal may ask the counselor to talk with a student
- The counselor may request to talk with a student
- Any student may ask to talk with the counselor by telling his/her teacher or leaving a note in the counselor’s box in the front office