Help Your Child Be a STAR
The new school year has gotten off to a great start. We are pleased with how well our Positive Behavior Support program or "STAR" Behavior is working. We are recognizing students for appropriate behavior and stressing these principles: Strive to do your best. Take responsibility. Always work together. Respect yourself and others. I bet your child has already talked about the stars they and their classmates are earning. Here are some ways you can support your child and the program.
- Hold high but realistic expectations of your child.
- Establish morning, bedtime and homework routines.
- Make time for reading, writing and talking.
- Emphasize the value of hard work. Don't let your child blame his failure on someone else.
- Monitor your child's after school activities and computer use.
- Be positive about school, the teachers and homework.
- Getting your child to school every day for the whole day is important.
- Make sure your child gets plenty of sleep and eats breakfast.
- Help your child stay organized by cleaning out notebooks and book bags weekly.
Thank you for supporting Comer Elementary School. See you at a STAR Awards Assembly.