Data Teams in Madison County
A data team is a small grade-level or department team that collects, analyzes, and responds to student performance data generated from common formative assessments. Data teams regularly collaborate to monitor student performance levels, reflect on teacher practice, and
determine instructional next steps.
The Five-Step Cycle
All Data Teams cycle through five main questions, which include:
- What do we want students to know and do?
- How will we know that they have learned it?
- How will we respond to students who have not mastered the standard(s)?
- What will we do for those who have mastered the standard(s)?
- What instructional and non-instructional next steps will be implemented?