In order to be added to the active substitute teacher list for Madison County, prospective substitutes must complete and/or bring the following document to the Board of Education, Human Resources Department.
Application Checklist for Substitute Teachers:
- Job Description: Please read the job description carefully to ensure understanding of all job responsibilities.
- Complete Application: You can complete the application electronically and print it out.
- Obtain a copy of your Georgia Teaching Certificate or Substitute Teacher Training Certification.
- Print and send three Recommendations to people that are work or character references. They should not come from family or friends.
- Obtain a copy of your college or high school diploma or GED certificate. These are not necessary if a Georgia Teaching Certificate is presented.
- Online Substitute Teacher Training available through Northeast GA RESA: Participants will receive a certificate upon completion.
- Bring your Social Security Card
- Bring your Drivers License
- A Georgia Criminal Background Check, including fingerprinting, will be completed when you bring in the printed application.
Human Resources Paperwork: