FCCLA is a dynamic and effective student organization that helps young people become leaders and address important personal, family, work, and societal issues through family and consumer sciences education.
Involvement with FCCLA offers members the opportunity to expand their leadership potential and develop skills for life-planning, goal setting, problem solving, decision making and interpersonal communication necessary in the home, community and the workplace. Students are able to travel to leadership meetings, compete in state and national competitions, and help their communities by coordinating service projects.
Students can participate in many in school and out of school activities:
Officer elections - will take place in early September 2013 - open to any dues paid member; weekly or bi-weekly meetings required;
• Fall Rally at the Georgia National Fair, Perry-each October
• FCCLA Day at the Falcons
• FCCLA Day at the Hawks
• FCCLA Day at the Capital-each February
• FCCLA State Leadership Meeting-each March
• FCCLA Summer Leadership Camp-each June
• Catering Committee-plans menus for socials and handles in-school fund raisers; prepares items for PRIDE reward days
• Socials Committee-plans after school activities, parties
• Community Service Committee-coordinates community activities
Competitions-members are eligible to plan and implement their own projects and earn recognition in STAR Events, FCCLA's national competitions. Informational meetings begin in October; region competition is at MCMS in February, state competition in March, and national competition in July
Parties and Socials-monthly after school-games, snacks, and prizes!
Members will have fun and bond with each other through leadership games, fun meetings, and cool competitions.
Dues are $15 and should be paid within the first 2 weeks of each quarter. See Mrs. Coker to sign up today in room 1009. You must pay your dues before attending FCCLA on Club Day.