Welcome to Chorus
I am delighted that you have an interest in our choral program! It is truly my joy to sing and learn with the students throughout the year! I invite you to explore the links to the right for more information about our program. Please feel welcome to email me with any questions!
~ Dr. Blackmon
2019-20 Registration Information
- Rising 6th Graders: Packets for rising 6th graders will be sent to elementary schools mid-April…be on the lookout, and be sure check with your 5th grade teacher or school counselor if you have not received a packet by the end of April! Specific deadline information for registering will be included in packets.
- Current Rising 7th and 8th Grade Chorus Students: Current chorus students will receive re-registration forms in late April/early May. Current chorus students will have priority in scheduling as long as they return forms by the deadline, which will be included on the forms.
- “New” Rising 7th and 8th Graders: MCMS students who are not currently in chorus but would like to join for the coming year should listen up for a school-wide announcement in late April/early May. Forms will be made available for interested students to pick up outside of the chorus room. Please understand that scheduling priority is given to current students who respond by the deadline (included on the forms); however, we are always excited to welcome new voices if space is available!
2019-20 Performance Grade Event Dates
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019 – After School Rehearsal until 4pm
- Thursday, December 5, 2019 – After School Rehearsal until 4pm
- Monday, December 9, 2019 – Holiday Chorus Concert at 7pm
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020 – After School Rehearsal until 4pm
- Wednesday, March 26, 2020 – After School Rehearsal until 4pm
- Monday, March 30, 2020 – Spring Chorus Concert at 7pm
*Please note – A complete chorus calendar will be sent home with students during the first week of school. The dates listed above are the required performance grade events only.
Chorus Teacher and Sponsor