Advanced Placement Options
AP Exam registration will open Friday, 2/23/18 and remain available until Friday, 3/23/18. Click Here to continue to the registration site.
College Board's Advanced Placement program allows students to engage in college level coursework and provides the opportunities for students to earn college credit and/or advanced placement in college classes while they are still in high school. At Madison County High School, we are very proud of the growth of our AP program and the continued growth in our students.
MCHS Data: 2017 5 Year Score Summary
Please visit the College Board's Advanced Placement website for more information about the program. Students and parents may search AP credit policies at colleges and universities by visiting the College Board's AP Credit Policy page. Students are encouraged to visit each postsecondary institution's official website for their most recent credit policy.
MCHS currently offers the following Advanced Placement courses:
- AP Biology--Teacher: Brooke Cooper
- AP Computer Science Principles--Teacher: Sonia Coile
- AP Environmental Science--Teacher: Andrew Taylor
- AP United States Government & Politics--Teacher: David Harrison
- AP English Language & Composition--Teachers: Dallas Cowne & Trent Wilkes
- AP English Literature & Composition--Teacher: Susanna Arnold
- AP Macroeconomics--Teachers: Matt Boggs & Michael Perdue
- AP Microeconomics--Teachers: Matt Boggs & Michael Perdue
- AP Physics I--Teacher: Bradley Shadrix
- AP Psychology--Teacher: Jonie Axon
- AP Statistics--Teacher: Renea Simmons
- AP Studio Art--Teacher: Jacob Cawthon
- AP United States History--Teacher: Matt Boggs
- AP World History--Teacher: Elmer Clark
To explore more about each of these courses, please visit the College Board's AP Course page .
In addition to courses taught by Madison County High School teachers, students also have the opportunity to enroll in additional online AP courses through the GA Virtual School .