Welcome to the MCHS Counseling Department
The Counseling Department at Madison County High School is committed to serving the academic, personal, and career needs of all students at our school. Students are seen or a first-come first-served basis or may schedule appointments with a counselor by coming to the Counseling Office before and after school, or between classes. If you are unsure who your counselor is, please visit our counseling staff page. If you have suggestions about additional resources that you would like to see added to our site, please email Angelia Bruce with your suggestions.
COUNSELING ANNOUNCEMENTS/QUICK LINKS:Scholarship Information and Other Opportunities
- All scholarship announcements and other academic opportunities (grades 9-12) are listed on the Scholarships, Contests, and Other Opportunities Announcement Sheet . Check back frequently for new additions and the latest information.
- GACollege 411 also offers a comprehensive searchable scholarship database. Please visit www.gacollege411.org to check it out!
HOPE & Financial Aid Information
- HOPE 2014-15 Program Brochure
- Students graduating with the class of 2015 and Beyond are required to complete HOPE Scholarship Rigor Requirements.
- A complete list of courses offered in GA that meet the HOPE Scholarship's Rigor Requirements is available on the GA Student Finance Commissions's website .
- For the most current information about HOPE Scholarship & Grant Programs, please visit www.gacollege411.org.
- Federal Student Aid Online Resources
MCHS Counseling Department Newsletter
- Please view the Spring 2015 MCHS Counseling Department Newsletter for important information for students/parents.
2015-16 Schedule Change Information
- If you need to request a schedule change, please refer to the documents below. These should be returned to the grade level counselor. Requests for schedule changes are being processed as quickly as possible. Schedule change requests will only be accepted through Friday, August 14th. No schedule change requests will be accepted in the Counseling Office after this date.
- Schedule Change Request Form
- Level Change Request Form -- All level change requests must be signed by a teacher in addition to the student and parent.
- Late Arrival/Early Dismissal Form (Seniors Only)
- AP Study Hall Request Form
Registration for 2015-16, Elective Options, & Pathways
- Current MCHS students will be registering for classes for the 2015-16 school year online through their Infinite Campus Portal accounts starting Monday, March 23rd. Online registration will be available 24/7 from March 23-April 3. To see a list of courses available, please view the Elective Course List for 2015-16 . For step by step directions, please view Student Registration Instructions for 2015-16 .
- Course descriptions for electives offered at MCHS are available on the Elective Course Descriptions document.
- Information about Career Pathways available at MCHS is available on the Pathway Selection Form .
Free SAT/ACT Test Prep Information
- SAT & ACT Preparation is available online at the GACollege411 website.
- SAT Prep classes are available to students at Madison County High School. Senior SAT Prep sessions will be offered before the October 2015 and November 2015 SAT Dates. Students must be registered for the corresponding SAT test date. Students may sign up by bringing a copy of their SAT admission ticket to the Counseling Office. More information about spring SAT Prep for juniors will be available soon.
Important Dates for 2015-16
- August 22 -- Summer Graduation (10am) in the theater
- September 28-30 -- SAT Prep Sessions for Seniors (Students must be registered for the October SAT)
- October 14 -- PSAT
- October 26-28 -- SAT Prep for Seniors (Students must be registered for the November SAT date)
- November 12 -- Fall Compass Testing for Dual Enrollment Applicants
- November 17 -- ASVAB for Juniors in Seniors
- April 19 -- SAT/ACT Banquet
- May 19 -- Honors Night
- Credit Recovery--Ask your counselor about Credit Recovery Options. This is a great FREE way to get caught up on credits!
- GA Virtual School is available to students at Madison County High School. For more information about GA Virtual School, please visit www.gavirtualschool.org on contact Angelia Bruce.
- Move On When Ready Information--This program allows eligible high school students to take some or all of his or her courses at an eligible post-secondary institution (college, university or technical college) and receive high school credits toward meeting graduation requirements. For more information, please contact Angelia Bruce.
- Upward Bound applications are available in the Counseling Office. For more information, please view the Upward Bound slideshow.