Welcome to the MCHS Counseling Department
The Counseling Department at Madison County High School is committed to serving the academic, personal, and career needs of all students at our school. Students are seen or a first-come first-served basis or may schedule appointments with a counselor by coming to the Counseling Office before and after school, or between classes. If you are unsure who your counselor is, please visit our counseling staff page. If you have suggestions about additional resources that you would like to see added to our site, please email Angelia Bruce with your suggestions.
COUNSELING ANNOUNCEMENTS/QUICK LINKS:Financial Aid, Scholarship Information, and Other Opportunities
- All scholarship announcements and other academic opportunities (grades 9-12) are listed on the Scholarships, Contests, and Other Opportunities Announcement Sheet . Check back frequently for new additions and the latest information.
- If you were unable to attend the Spring Senior Parent Financial Aid Meeting, please view the GA Student Finance Commission's Financial Aid 101 Presentation for more information.
- For more information about HOPE programs, please scroll down to that section.
MCHS Counseling Department Newsletter
- Please view the Spring 2015 MCHS Counseling Department Newsletter for important information for students/parents.
Dual Enrollment Information
- Information about Dual Enrollment opportunities available at Madison County High School and the BRCCA is available on the BRCCA website . If you have questions, please contact Ms. Bruce.
Rising 9th Grade Information
- If you were unable to attend the rising 9th grade parent night, you may view presentation materials and handouts here: Agenda & Handouts , Graduation Requirements Presentation , BRCCA Presentation .
Registration, Elective Options, & Pathways
- Current MCHS students will be registering for classes for the 2015-16 school year online through their Infinite Campus Portal accounts starting Monday, March 23rd. Online registration will be available 24/7 from March 23-April 3. To see a list of courses available, please view the Elective Course List for 2015-16 . For step by step directions, please view Student Registration Instructions for 2015-16 .
- Course descriptions for electives offered at MCHS are available on the Elective Course Descriptions document.
- Information about Career Pathways available at MCHS is available on the Pathway Selection Form .
- If you need to request a level change, please download the Level Change Form and follow the procedures outlined on the form.
Free SAT/ACT Test Prep Information
- SAT & ACT Preparation is available online at the GACollege411 website.
- SAT/ACT Preparation is also available online through E2020--see Mr. Spellman to sign up!
- SAT Prep classes are available to students at Madison County High School. Four sessions will be offered this year. See dates and more information below.
HOPE & Financial Aid Information
- HOPE 2014-15 Program Brochure
- Students graduating with the class of 2015 and Beyond are required to complete HOPE Scholarship Rigor Requirements.
- A complete list of courses offered in GA that meet the HOPE Scholarship's Rigor Requirements is available on the GA Student Finance Commissions's website .
- For the most current information about HOPE Scholarship & Grant Programs, please visit www.gacollege411.org.
- Federal Student Aid Online Resources
Important Dates for Springn Semester 2014-15
- February 12 -- Senior Financial Aid Parent Night
- February 24-27 -- SAT Prep Classes
- March 5 -- Dual Enrollment Information Night
- March 19 -- Rising 9th Grade Parent Meeting (MCHS Gym @ 6pm)
- March 23-April 3 -- Registration Open (Online through Student Portal)
- March 27 -- Dual Enrollment Applications Due to Ms. Bruce
- April 13-15 -- Spring Compass Test Prep for Dual Enrollment Applicants
- April 16 -- Spring Compass Testing for Dual Enrollment Applicants
- April 16 -- AP Parent Night
- April 30 -- SAT/ACT/AP Banquet
- May 21 -- Honors Night
- Credit Recovery--Ask your counselor about Credit Recovery Options through our extended learning program! This is a great FREE way to get caught up on credits!
- GA Virtual School is available to students at Madison County High School. For more information about GA Virtual School, please visit www.gavirtualschool.org on contact Angelia Bruce.
- Move On When Ready Information--This program allows eligible students entering eleventh or twelfth grade to take all of his or her courses at an eligible post-secondary institution (college, university or technical college) and receive high school credits toward meeting graduation requirements. For more information, please contact Angelia Bruce.
- Upward Bound applications are available in the Counseling Office. For more information, please view the Upward Bound slideshow.
- Former students who need to retest on the Georgia High School Graduation Test must register for the test by completing the GHSGT Registration Form and returning it to the MCHS Counseling Office.