Welcome to the MCHS Counseling Department
The Counseling Department at Madison County High School is committed to serving the academic, personal, and career needs of all students at our school. Students are seen or a first-come first-served basis or may schedule appointments with a counselor by coming to the Counseling Office before and after school, or between classes. If you are unsure who your counselor is, please visit our counseling staff page. If you have suggestions about additional resources that you would like to see added to our site, please email Angelia Bruce with your suggestions. To learn more about what counselors do at MCHS, please view our Counseling Department Presentation .
College & Military Recruiters
If you are a college or military representative and would like to schedule a lunchroom visitation at Madison County High School, please sign up using our online Lunchroom Visitation Event Registration.
COUNSELING ANNOUNCEMENTS/QUICK LINKS:Scholarship Information and Other Opportunities
- All scholarship announcements and other academic opportunities (grades 9-12) are listed on the Scholarships, Contests, and Other Opportunities Announcement Sheet . Check back frequently for new additions and the latest information.
- GAFutures also offers a comprehensive searchable scholarship database. Please visit www.gafutures.org to check it out!
Course Information for 2016-17 & Schedule Changes
- For information about elective offerings during the 16-17 school year, please view the 2016-17 Elective Course List . For a list of Pathways available, please view the 2016-17 Pathway Selection Form .
- Requests for elective schedule changes for 2016-17 will be accepted before school starts without requiring an advisor's signature. Once school starts, all schedule changes must meet one fo the requirements on the schedule change request form and approved by your advisor . Requests for level changes may be completed by following instructions on the Level Change Form (a conversation with the course teacher must take place for all level changes and the form must be signed by the teacher in addition to the student ant parent). Schedule change requests will be accepted through Friday, August 12th. No schedule changes will be considered after this date.
HOPE & Financial Aid Information
- Students may check their in progress HOPE GPA by logging in to their GAFutures account. If you have forgotten your account information, you may create a new account.
- HOPE 2015-16 Program Brochure
- GSFC Guide to Financial Aid--Paying for College Brochure
- Students graduating with the class of 2015 and beyond are required to complete HOPE Scholarship Rigor Requirements in addition to GPA requirements. Current students (class of 2017 and beyond) must complete 4 courses that meet rigor. A complete list of courses offered in GA that meet the HOPE Scholarship's Rigor Requirements is available here . You may also view the List of Courses That Meet Rigor Requirements at Madison County HIgh School.
- For the most current information about HOPE Scholarship & Grant Programs, please visit www.gafutures.org .
- Federal Student Aid Online Resources
MCHS Counseling Department Newsletter & School Profile
- The 2015-16 MCHS Counseling Senior Newsletter--Fall Edition is available!
- MCHS 2016-17 School Profile
Free SAT/ACT Test Prep Information
- Free SAT preparation materials are available through the College Board through a partnership with Khan Academy . For more information about SAT prep, visit the College Board's SAT Prep site .
- ACTpreparation materials are available on the ACT website .
- SAT Prep classes are available to students at Madison County High School. Senior SAT Prep sessions are usually offered before the October and November SAT Dates. Students must be registered for the corresponding SAT test date. More specific information will be announced as it becomes available.
Important Dates for 2016-17
- August 20 -- Summer Graduation (10am) in the theater
- October 19 -- PSAT
- November 15 -- ASVAB for Juniors and Seniors
- Honors Night -- May 18th at 7pm
- Credit Recovery--Ask your counselor about Credit Recovery Options. This is a great FREE way to get caught up on credits!
- GA Virtual School is available to students at Madison County High School. For more information about GA Virtual School, please visit www.gavirtualschool.org on contact Angelia Bruce.
- Move On When Ready Information--This program allows eligible high school students to take some or all of his or her courses at an eligible post-secondary institution (college, university or technical college) and receive high school credits toward meeting graduation requirements. For more information, please contact Angelia Bruce.
- Upward Bound applications are available in the Counseling Office. For more information, please view the Upward Bound slideshow.
- Student Handbook -For general questions about the Code of Conduct and MCHS operations.