Welcome to the MCHS Counseling Department
The Counseling Department at Madison County High School is committed to serving the academic, personal, and career needs of all students at our school. Students are seen or a first-come first-served basis or may schedule appointments with a counselor by coming to the Counseling Office before and after school, or between classes. If you are unsure who your counselor is, please visit our counseling staff page. If you have suggestions about additional resources that you would like to see added to our site, please email Angelia Bruce with your suggestions.
COUNSELING ANNOUNCEMENTS/QUICK LINKS:Scholarship Information and Other Opportunities
- All scholarship announcements and other academic opportunities (grades 9-12) are listed on the Scholarships, Contests, and Other Opportunities Announcement Sheet . Check back frequently for new additions and the latest information.
- GACollege 411 also offers a comprehensive searchable scholarship database. Please visit www.gacollege411.org to check it out!
Registration Information for 2016-17
- Elective registration for 2016-17 will be open from March 24-April 1. Students will register online using their Infinite Campus student portal accounts. For step by step information regarding the registration procedure, please view the Student Registration Instructions . For information about elective offerings during the 16-17 school year, please view the 2016-17 Elective Course List . For a list of Pathways available, please view the 2016-17 Pathway Selection Form .
HOPE & Financial Aid Information
- HOPE 2015-16 Program Brochure
- GSFC Guide to Financial Aid--Paying for College Brochure
- Students graduating with the class of 2015 and Beyond are required to complete HOPE Scholarship Rigor Requirements.
- A complete list of courses offered in GA that meet the HOPE Scholarship's Rigor Requirements is available here . You may also view the List of Courses That Meet Rigor Requirements at Madison County HIgh School.
- For the most current information about HOPE Scholarship & Grant Programs, please visit www.gacollege411.org.
- Federal Student Aid Online Resources
MCHS Counseling Department Newsletter
- The MCHS Counseling Senior Newsletter--Fall Edition is now available!
Free SAT/ACT Test Prep Information
- SAT & ACT Preparation is available online at the GACollege411 website.
- SAT Prep classes are available to students at Madison County High School. Senior SAT Prep sessions will be offered before the October 2015 and November 2015 SAT Dates. Students must be registered for the corresponding SAT test date. Students may sign up by bringing a copy of their SAT admission ticket to the Counseling Office. More information about spring SAT Prep for juniors will be announced when it becomes available.
Important Dates for 2015-16
- August 22 -- Summer Graduation (10am) in the theater
- September 28-30 -- SAT Prep Sessions for Seniors (Students must be registered for the October SAT)
- October 14 -- PSAT
- October 26-28 -- SAT Prep for Seniors (Students must be registered for the November SAT date)
- November 12 -- Fall Compass Testing for Dual Enrollment Applicants
- November 12 -- Senior Financial Aid Parent Night 6pm in the Theater
- November 17 -- ASVAB for Juniors and Seniors
- February 8 -- Senior Financial Aid Parent Night 6pm in the Theater
- March 15 -- College Goal Georgia--FAFSA Completion Night (Preregistration required)
- March 29 -- MOWR Parent Information Night 6pm in the Cafeteria
- March 24-April 1st -- Registration for 2016-17
- April 21 -- SAT/ACT Banquet
- May 19 -- Honors Night
- Credit Recovery--Ask your counselor about Credit Recovery Options. This is a great FREE way to get caught up on credits!
- GA Virtual School is available to students at Madison County High School. For more information about GA Virtual School, please visit www.gavirtualschool.org on contact Angelia Bruce.
- Move On When Ready Information--This program allows eligible high school students to take some or all of his or her courses at an eligible post-secondary institution (college, university or technical college) and receive high school credits toward meeting graduation requirements. For more information, please contact Angelia Bruce.
- Upward Bound applications are available in the Counseling Office. For more information, please view the Upward Bound slideshow.