Welcome to the MCHS Guidance & Counseling Department
The Guidance & Counseling Department at Madison County High School is committed to serving the academic, personal, and career needs of all students at our school. Students are seen or a first-come first-served basis or may schedule appointments with a counselor by coming to the Guidance and Counseling Office before and after school, or between classes. If you are unsure who your counselor is, please visit our guidance staff page. If you have suggestions about additional resources that you would like to see added to our site, please email Angelia Bruce with your suggestions.
GUIDANCE ANNOUNCEMENTS/QUICK LINKS:
Scholarship Information, Contests, and Other Opportunities
- All scholarship announcements and other academic opportunities (grades 9-12) are listed on the Scholarships, Contests, and Other Opportunities Announcement Sheet . Check back frequently for new additions and the latest information.
Free SAT/ACT Test Prep Information
- SAT & ACT Preparation is available online at the GACollege411 website.
- SAT/ACT Preparation is also available online through E2020--see Mr. Spellman to sign up!
- SAT Prep classes are available to students at Madison County High School. Four sessions will be offered this year. See dates and more information below.
HOPE & Financial Aid Information
- HOPE 2013-14 Program Brochure
- Students graduating with the class of 2015 and Beyond are required to complete HOPE Scholarship Rigor Requirements.
- A complete list of courses offered in GA that meet the HOPE Scholarship's Rigor Requirements is available on the GA Student Finance Commissions's website .
- For the most current information about HOPE Scholarship & Grant Programs, please visit www.gacollege411.org.
- Federal Student Aid Online Resources
Important Dates for 2013-14
- September 16-18--SAT Test Prep
- September 16--GA PROBE College Fair at the Classic Center in Athens from 6-8:30
- October 16--PSAT All sophomores will take the PSAT. Juniors must register in the Guidance Office and pay a registration fee.
- October 22-24--SAT Test Prep
- November 7--Fall Senior Parent Financial Aid Workshop 6:30pm in the Theater
- November 12-14--MCHS Apply to College Week Activities
- November 12-14--Compass Test Prep
- November 15--Fall Compass Testing for 2013-14 Dual Enrollment
- November 19--ASVAB Testing for juniors & seniors (register in the Guidance Office)
- January 14-16--SAT Test Prep
- January 30--Spring Senior Parent Financial Aid Workshop 6pm in the Theater
- February 25-27--SAT Test Prep
- Credit Recovery--Ask your counselor about Credit Recovery Options through our extended learning program! This is a great FREE way to get caught up on credits!
- GA Virtual School is available to students at Madison County High School. For more information about GA Virtual School, please visit www.gavirtualschool.org on contact Angelia Bruce.
- Move On When Ready Information--This program allows eligible students entering eleventh or twelfth grade to take all of his or her courses at an eligible post-secondary institution (college, university or technical college) and receive high school credits toward meeting graduation requirements. For more information, please consult the MOWR information on our parent resources page or contact Angelia Bruce.
- Test Dates--Visit the Testing Information page for important test dates this school year.
- Upward Bound applications are available in the Guidance & Counseling Office at the Freshman Academy & the Main Building. For more information, please view the Upward Bound slideshow.