Welcome to the MCHS Guidance & Counseling Department
The Guidance & Counseling Department at Madison County High School is committed to serving the academic, personal, and career needs of all students at our school. Students are seen or a first-come first-served basis or may schedule appointments with a counselor by coming to the Guidance and Counseling Office before and after school, or between classes. If you are unsure who your counselor is, please visit our guidance staff page. If you have suggestions about additional resources that you would like to see added to our site, please email Angelia Bruce with your suggestions.
GUIDANCE ANNOUNCEMENTS/QUICK LINKS:
Scholarship Information, Contests, and Other Opportunities
- All scholarship announcements and other academic opportunities (grades 9-12) are listed on the Scholarships, Contests, and Other Opportunities Announcement Sheet . Check back frequently for new additions and the latest information.
Registration Information for 2014-15
- Current MCHS sudents will complete registration for the 2014-15 school year through advisement/enrichment beginning March 5-6 (Juniors--March 5-6, Sophomores--March 12-13, Freshmen--March 19-20)
- Sample registration forms are available: Rising Senior Registration Form , Rising Junior Registration Form , Rising Sophomore Registration Form , Rising Freshman Registration Form .
- Information about Career Pathways available at MCHS is available on the Pathway Selection Form .
Free SAT/ACT Test Prep Information
- SAT & ACT Preparation is available online at the GACollege411 website.
- SAT/ACT Preparation is also available online through E2020--see Mr. Spellman to sign up!
- SAT Prep classes are available to students at Madison County High School. Four sessions will be offered this year. See dates and more information below.
PSAT Score Reporting Information
- PSAT scores were returned to students on 12/12/13. For more information about how to understand what scores mean, please view the College Board's Your Next Steps Video or Understanding PSAT Scores Powerpoint Presentation .
- Students are strongly encouraged to access My College QuickStart (access code is available on each student's PSAT score report) for an individualized SATprep plan based on the results of the PSAT, career/college planning information, a personality inventory, and more!
ASVAB Score Reporting Information
- ASVAB scores were returned to students on 1/08/14. For more information about how to understand what scores mean, please view the ASVAB Program Interpretation Slideshow or visit your counselor.
HOPE & Financial Aid Information
- HOPE 2013-14 Program Brochure
- Students graduating with the class of 2015 and Beyond are required to complete HOPE Scholarship Rigor Requirements.
- A complete list of courses offered in GA that meet the HOPE Scholarship's Rigor Requirements is available on the GA Student Finance Commissions's website .
- For the most current information about HOPE Scholarship & Grant Programs, please visit www.gacollege411.org.
- Federal Student Aid Online Resources
- If you missed the Financial Aid Parent Night in November, please review the following resources: 2013-14 HOPE Information PPT and Financial Aid & FAFSA PPT
Important Dates for 2013-14
- February 25-27--SAT Test Prep
- March 5-6--Rising Senior Registration for 2014-15 School Year
- March 6--Rescheduled Senior Financial Aid Parent Meeting at 6:30 in the theater
- March 12-13--Rising Junior Registration for 2014-15
- March 19-20--Rising Sophomore Registration for 2014-15
- March 27--AP Parent Night at 6:00 in the theater
- April 10--SAT/ACT Banquet
- May 15--Honors Night
- Credit Recovery--Ask your counselor about Credit Recovery Options through our extended learning program! This is a great FREE way to get caught up on credits!
- GA Virtual School is available to students at Madison County High School. For more information about GA Virtual School, please visit www.gavirtualschool.org on contact Angelia Bruce.
- Move On When Ready Information--This program allows eligible students entering eleventh or twelfth grade to take all of his or her courses at an eligible post-secondary institution (college, university or technical college) and receive high school credits toward meeting graduation requirements. For more information, please consult the MOWR information on our parent resources page or contact Angelia Bruce.
- Test Dates--Visit the Testing Information page for important test dates this school year.
- Upward Bound applications are available in the Guidance & Counseling Office at the Freshman Academy & the Main Building. For more information, please view the Upward Bound slideshow.