Welcome to the MCHS Counseling Department
The Counseling Department at Madison County High School is committed to serving the academic, personal, and career needs of all students at our school. Students are seen or a first-come first-served basis or may schedule appointments with a counselor by coming to the Counseling Office before and after school, or between classes. If you are unsure who your counselor is, please visit our counseling staff page. If you have suggestions about additional resources that you would like to see added to our site, please email Angelia Bruce with your suggestions.
College & Military Recruiters
If you are a college or military representative and would like to schedule a lunchroom visitation at Madison County High School, please sign up using our online Lunchroom Visitation Event Registration.
COUNSELING ANNOUNCEMENTS/QUICK LINKS:Scholarship Information and Other Opportunities
- All scholarship announcements and other academic opportunities (grades 9-12) are listed on the Scholarships, Contests, and Other Opportunities Announcement Sheet . Check back frequently for new additions and the latest information.
- GACollege 411 also offers a comprehensive searchable scholarship database. Please visit www.gacollege411.org to check it out!
Summer School Information
- If you failed a course that is required to graduate, you must make up the class through summer school. Students will not be rescheduled in classes that they fail. To register, please complete the Summer School Registration Form and return it with your payment to the Counseling Office before June 6th. Summer School starts June 6th.
Course Registration Information for 2016-17
- Elective registration for 2016-17 will be open from March 24-April 1. Students will register online using their Infinite Campus student portal accounts. For step by step information regarding the registration procedure, please view the Student Registration Instructions . For information about elective offerings during the 16-17 school year, please view the 2016-17 Elective Course List . For a list of Pathways available, please view the 2016-17 Pathway Selection Form . Requests for level changes may be completed by following instructions on the Level Change Form . These will be accepted through May 24th and again during the drop/add period at the beginning of the school year. Level change requests will NOT be accepted during the summer.
HOPE & Financial Aid Information
- HOPE 2015-16 Program Brochure
- GSFC Guide to Financial Aid--Paying for College Brochure
- Students graduating with the class of 2015 and Beyond are required to complete HOPE Scholarship Rigor Requirements.
- A complete list of courses offered in GA that meet the HOPE Scholarship's Rigor Requirements is available here . You may also view the List of Courses That Meet Rigor Requirements at Madison County HIgh School.
- For the most current information about HOPE Scholarship & Grant Programs, please visit www.gacollege411.org.
- Federal Student Aid Online Resources
MCHS Counseling Department Newsletter & School Profile
Free SAT/ACT Test Prep Information
- SAT & ACT Preparation is available online at the GACollege411 website.
- SAT Prep classes are available to students at Madison County High School. Senior SAT Prep sessions are usually offered before the October and November SAT Dates. Students must be registered for the corresponding SAT test date. More specific information will be announced as it becomes available.
Important Dates for 2016-17
- August 20 -- Summer Graduation (10am) in the theater
- October 19 -- PSAT
- November 15 -- ASVAB for Juniors and Seniors
- Credit Recovery--Ask your counselor about Credit Recovery Options. This is a great FREE way to get caught up on credits!
- GA Virtual School is available to students at Madison County High School. For more information about GA Virtual School, please visit www.gavirtualschool.org on contact Angelia Bruce.
- Move On When Ready Information--This program allows eligible high school students to take some or all of his or her courses at an eligible post-secondary institution (college, university or technical college) and receive high school credits toward meeting graduation requirements. For more information, please contact Angelia Bruce.
- Upward Bound applications are available in the Counseling Office. For more information, please view the Upward Bound slideshow.