Welcome to the MCHS Counseling Department
The Counseling Department at Madison County High School is committed to serving the academic, personal, and career needs of all students at our school. Students are seen or a first-come first-served basis or may schedule appointments with a counselor by coming to the Counseling Office before and after school, or between classes. If you are unsure who your counselor is, please visit our counseling staff page. If you have suggestions about additional resources that you would like to see added to our site, please email Angelia Bruce with your suggestions.
COUNSELING ANNOUNCEMENTS/QUICK LINKS:Scholarship Information, Contests, and Other Opportunities
- All scholarship announcements and other academic opportunities (grades 9-12) are listed on the Scholarships, Contests, and Other Opportunities Announcement Sheet . Check back frequently for new additions and the latest information.
Elective Options & Pathways 2014-15
- Course descriptions for electives offered at MCHS are available on the Elective Course Descriptions document.
- Information about Career Pathways available at MCHS is available on the Pathway Selection Form .
Free SAT/ACT Test Prep Information
- SAT & ACT Preparation is available online at the GACollege411 website.
- SAT/ACT Preparation is also available online through E2020--see Mr. Spellman to sign up!
- SAT Prep classes are available to students at Madison County High School. Four sessions will be offered this year. See dates and more information below.
HOPE & Financial Aid Information
- HOPE 2014-15 Program Brochure
- Students graduating with the class of 2015 and Beyond are required to complete HOPE Scholarship Rigor Requirements.
- A complete list of courses offered in GA that meet the HOPE Scholarship's Rigor Requirements is available on the GA Student Finance Commissions's website .
- For the most current information about HOPE Scholarship & Grant Programs, please visit www.gacollege411.org.
- Federal Student Aid Online Resources
Important Dates for 2014-15
- September 9 -- PROBE Fair at the Classic Center (6:00-8:30pm)
- September 18 -- Broad River College & Career Academy Ribbon Cutting Ceremony (4:00pm)
- September 23-25 -- October SAT Test Prep (students must be registered for the October SAT test date and must show proof of registration in the Counseling Office to sign up--priority will be given to seniors).
- September 24 -- Fall Georgia High School Writing Test (All Juniors) & Mock Writing Test for 9th & 10th Grade Students
- October 15 -- PSAT
- October 27-29 -- November SAT Test Prep (students must be registered for the November SAT test date and must show proof of registration in the Counseling Office to sign up--priority will be given to seniors)
- November 17-19--Apply to College Week Activities
- November 18 -- ASVAB
- May 21 -- Honors Night
- Credit Recovery--Ask your counselor about Credit Recovery Options through our extended learning program! This is a great FREE way to get caught up on credits!
- GA Virtual School is available to students at Madison County High School. For more information about GA Virtual School, please visit www.gavirtualschool.org on contact Angelia Bruce.
- Move On When Ready Information--This program allows eligible students entering eleventh or twelfth grade to take all of his or her courses at an eligible post-secondary institution (college, university or technical college) and receive high school credits toward meeting graduation requirements. For more information, please contact Angelia Bruce.
- Upward Bound applications are available in the Counseling Office. For more information, please view the Upward Bound slideshow.
- Former students who need to retest on the Georgia High School Graduation Test must register for the test by completing the GHSGT Registration Form and returning it to the MCHS Counseling Office.