Welcome to the MCHS Counseling Department
The Counseling Department at Madison County High School is committed to serving the academic, personal, and career needs of all students at our school. Students are seen or a first-come first-served basis or may schedule appointments with a counselor by coming to the Counseling Office before and after school, or between classes. If you are unsure who your counselor is, please visit our counseling staff page. If you have suggestions about additional resources that you would like to see added to our site, please email Angelia Bruce with your suggestions. To learn more about what counselors do at MCHS, please view our Counseling Department Presentation .
College & Military Recruiters
If you are a college or military representative and would like to schedule a lunchroom visitation at Madison County High School, please sign up using our online Lunchroom Visitation Event Registration.
If you are a colllege, military, and/or business/industry representative and would like to participate in our College and Career Fair on November 9th, please sign up using our online College & Career Fair Registration.
COUNSELING ANNOUNCEMENTS/QUICK LINKS:Scholarship Information and Other Opportunities
- All scholarship announcements and other academic opportunities (grades 9-12) are listed on the Scholarships, Contests, and Other Opportunities Announcement Sheet . Check back frequently for new additions and the latest information.
- GAFutures also offers a comprehensive searchable scholarship database. Please visit www.gafutures.org to check it out!
Course Information for 2016-17
- For information about elective offerings during the 16-17 school year, please view the 2016-17 Elective Course List . For a list of Pathways available, please view the 2016-17 Pathway Selection Form .
HOPE & Financial Aid Information
- Students may check their in progress HOPE GPA by logging in to their GAFutures account. If you have forgotten your account information, you may create a new account.
- HOPE 2015-16 Program Brochure
- GSFC Guide to Financial Aid--Paying for College Brochure
- Students graduating with the class of 2015 and beyond are required to complete HOPE Scholarship Rigor Requirements in addition to GPA requirements. Current students (class of 2017 and beyond) must complete 4 courses that meet rigor. A complete list of courses offered in GA that meet the HOPE Scholarship's Rigor Requirements is available here . You may also view the List of Courses That Meet Rigor Requirements at Madison County HIgh School.
- For the most current information about HOPE Scholarship & Grant Programs, please visit www.gafutures.org .
- Federal Student Aid Online Resources
MCHS Counseling Department Newsletter & School Profile
- The October edition of the MCHS Counseling Newsletter is available!
- The Fall 2016 Senior Newsletter is also available!
- MCHS 2016-17 School Profile
Free SAT/ACT Test Prep Information
- Free SAT preparation materials are available through the College Board through a partnership with Khan Academy . For more information about SAT prep, visit the College Board's SAT Prep site .
- ACTpreparation materials are available on the ACT website .We have also purchased 150 user licenses for ACT prep through Method Test Prep. If you are interested, please sign up in the Counseling Office.
- SAT Prep classes are available to students at Madison County High School. Senior SAT Prep sessions are usually offered before the October and November SAT Dates. Students must be registered for the corresponding SAT test date. More specific information will be announced as it becomes available.
Important Dates for 2016-17
- August 20 -- Summer Graduation (10am) in the theater
- October 8 & 15 -- ACT Prep Session 9-12
- October 19 -- PSAT
- October 21 -- Popcorn Fridays Attendance Incentive Begins
- November 2 -- MOWR Application Deadline for November Accuplacer
- November 2 -- Senior Field Trip to Athens Technical College
- November 2 -- "Get the 411 on College" Enrichment Sessionfor 1st Generation College Students
- November 7-8 -- Accuplacer Prep for MOWR Applicants
- November 9 -- MCHS/BRCCA College & Career Fair
- Nomvember 11 -- Accuplacer Testing at MCHS
- November 15 -- ASVAB for Juniors and Seniors
- December 6--Fall Financial Aid Parent Night & College Goal GA FAFSA Completion Event at 6:30
- Honors Night -- May 18th at 7pm
- Credit Recovery--Ask your counselor about Credit Recovery Options. This is a great FREE way to get caught up on credits!
- GA Virtual School is available to students at Madison County High School. For more information about GA Virtual School, please visit www.gavirtualschool.org on contact Angelia Bruce.
- Move On When Ready Information--This program allows eligible high school students to take some or all of his or her courses at an eligible post-secondary institution (college, university or technical college) and receive high school credits toward meeting graduation requirements. For more information, please contact Angelia Bruce.
- Upward Bound applications are available in the Counseling Office. For more information, please view the Upward Bound slideshow.
- Student Handbook -For general questions about the Code of Conduct and MCHS operations.