We have been using Positive Behavior Support (also called PBS or PBIS) for over a semester now. The students all know what S, T, A, and R stand for and they are meeting STAR expectations.
Strive to do Your Best
- Students are setting AR Reading goals for themselves.
- Homework is being completed and turned in on time.
- Many students have been recognized for learning all the addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts.
- Students take responsibility for what they say by using more polite words with each other.
- We have had better but behavior and fewer office referrals from bus drivers this year.
- Students help with recycling.
Always Work Together
- Fifth grade patrols work with adults on car rider duty.
- First graders and fourth graders are reading buddies.
- We have five job corps kids who have specific jobs they will do daily.
Respect Yourself and Others
- Student's help each other by holding the door, picking up dropped items, reading together and sharing.
- Students have learned what to do about bullying and teasing.
- Students recognize each other for using STAR behavior.