To register your child or children, certain documentation and completed forms are needed. Please read each section below carefully to determine which documents and forms you need to register your child/children to attend a Madison County school.
SUMMARY OF WHAT DOCUMENTS & FORMS YOU NEED:
From Section A: Four (4) documents from Section A below.
From Section B: Seven (7) forms from Section B below.
From Section C: The documents & forms from Section C below as they apply to each child.
Section A: Bring these four (4) documents for each child.
These are used to verify age, residency, identity, and immunization status.
- Current photo ID of registering parent/guardian (a range of IDs will be accepted; does not have to be state-issued; used to verify parent/guardian identity
- Birth certificate of each child (or alternate document from a prioritized list in state enrollment rule; used as evidence of student's date of birth.
- Social Security card for each child (in compliance with the provisions of O.C.G.A. § 20-2-150, which requires a person enrolling the student to provide a copy of the student's social security number or sign a form stating the person does not wish to provide the social security number; used for state reporting and programs such as the HOPE scholarship.
- Current immunization record (GA Form 3231) (as required by O.C.G.A. § 20-2-771, which includes an exemption for religious grounds and provisions for a temporary waiver, used as proof of immunization.
Documentation for Homeless Students
Homeless students, as defined by the McKinney-Vento Act, shall be enrolled immediately with full participation in school activities, regardless of whether required documentation can be provided at the time of enrollment. The designated employee responsible for the care of homeless students shall assist the person enrolling the homeless student or the unaccompanied youth in acquiring the necessary documents for enrollment in accordance with the requirements of the state enrollment rule and the Act.
Section B: Complete these seven (7) forms for each child.
Print these forms. Complete them. Bring them with you to registration. If you do not have access to these online forms, a copy of each form will be provided for you at registration.
- Completed Registration Form: English | Spanish
- Proof of Residency: English | Spanish
- Social Security Number or Permit/Waiver: English | Spanish
- Student Language Form: English | Spanish
- Parent Occupational Survey Form: English-Spanish
- Authorization to Release Records: English | Spanish
- Authorization to Transfer Records (Grades 6-12 only): English
The Madison County School System, in its enrollment procedures, requirements and process, does not and will not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, or immigrant status. Exceptions will be made where appropriate as guidelines for requested documentation allow for a range of documents to demonstrate age, residency, identity, and immunization status.
Section C: Bring these documents as they apply to each child.
These forms may not apply to everyone.
Registration Office Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM