SCHOOL BUS ROUTES
The Transportation Department of Madison County School District is diligent to consider all factors when preparing and updating school bus routes. The greatest concern, of course, is always safety of students. Other factors include:
- Buses are routed only down streets, roads, and highways deemed safe and those which provide a sufficient and safe turn-around;
- Buses are not routed onto private property.
- Adjustments are made to bus routes when an area and/or conditions are deemed unsafe or hazardous;
- Bus routes are developed during the summer before the start of a new school year;
- It is common for bus routes to be adjusted after a new school year begins to accommodate new students, bus over-crowding, or to make routes more effective and efficient;
- Bus routes are not always the same from year-to-year